Sunday, September 1, 2013

BB Cream for Darker Complexions **lengthy random rant =_=

Woohooo entry # 42!

And as you can tell from the title, this entry is For Colored Girls! Eck, Ok let's try that again, its for us Lovely Women of Color. Yes us brown skin, ebony goddesses, that are unfortunately left out of many beauty brands because they don't cater to our various shades, undertones and complexions.

Am I the only one who hates shopping for a certain makeup brand and they only have one or maybe two shades of foundation for women of darker complexions??? And on top of that it'll be labeled something like medium or deep or some crap. I mean com'on! Foundation is Not a one shade fits all kind of thing. And although, the BB cream hype is pretty much over by now, I felt as if I never got a chance to test it out because of shade limitations.

Yes yes BB cream is all the rage in Asia, where the fairer the skin the fairer the woman. But I wanted in on the hype too. :-(

*Sigh* OK with all that blab being said. You can guess how UN-excited I was to find "color matching technology" BB cream in my August Ipsy glam academy bag. I mean like I said, it DON'T believe that one shade fits all when it comes to foundation. However I was so pleased with all the other products in the bag that I decided to give it a small try on of my cheeks. Can you say sunscreen? I mean it did nothing for me!

Then the thought occurred to mix a dab of my Lancone foundation into the BB cream (since the BB cream has color matching technology after all). O.M.G.

I finally get the hype! Its a moisturizer, primer, and sunscreen all in one! Just for the record I have VERY oily skin! Even with the application of a silicone based primer and continuous blot powder.

I still apply light blot powder here and there since using BB cream, but I've completely tossed my primer and my makeup still looks flawless by the end of the day, rather than melted and washed out.

Overall, I'm very pleased with my experience with BB cream, I'm just unhappy that I cannot flat out find one in my shade without having to combine it with my foundation....or buying a zillion products to "make my own" for that matter.

OK ok , rant over. And yes I do realize that I didn't mention the brand of the BB cream that I've been using. I plan on including that in my follow-up post 'August Ipsy Bag Review'.

OK TTYL and as Always thanks for reading!



Love Always,
Li.Ree

No comments:

Post a Comment