Friday, January 17, 2014

Hey Sailor & Crazy Old Cat Lady Fashion

Ha! Told you all I'd be back sooner than later! Lol no but really, I did want to make it a small goal to buy at least one Rockabilly and uber-Vintage/Retro inspired piece a month that was not a thrift store find. Preferably dresses; So I decided to get the ball rolling by ordering this Sailor Nautical Pinup Rockabilly Vintage Retro Pencil Women's Dress by ClosetOnline (a store that operates off of Amazon.com). 

Yes that was quite a mouthful!

Let's just call it a Nautical or Sailor Dress.






I've been wanting to buy a Retro theme'd Sailor Style dress ever since discovering an authentic one at a thrift store that was unfortunately waaaay too big (and awkward) :-(

I would have ordered an admiral hat too to go along with the theme, but sadly the only ones Amazon.com had to offer were cheapo costume ones. I'll be keeping my eye out for something more authentic.

Along with my order I finally purchased two pairs of Cat Eye styled sunglasses. Yeah, my prescription eyeglasses are Cat Eye frames, but the eye shape of these glasses are super exaggerated as you can tell. 



Both pairs are by Triple Optic.




Eventually, I'm going to get the slightly narrower 'crazy-old-cat-lady' ones with a double wing and rhinestones ;-p.

Love Always,
Li.Ree







2 comments: