Saturday, March 8, 2014

Lancome & Christian Dior Cosmetic Haul

Is this a blog about Retro Fashion or makeup???? j.k. j.k. I kid...retro fashion is still my top priority when it comes to this blog, but I'm starting to realize that makeup goes hand in hand so I've really been stepping up my A game.

About a month ago I purchased Lancome's 'Teint Visionnaire' Skin Correcting Makeup Duo foundation. This foundation is actually two products in one; the first being the foundation itself.:-)  And although it applies beautifully and stays on all day long, this foundation is much oilier than Lancome's 'Teint Idole Ultra' 24 hour foundation I purchased last year. A plus if you have normal to dry skin, but not so much if you have oily skin like mine...it just means more powdering throughout the day. As a bonus however and the thing I L-O-V-E most about this foundation is the thick creamy Precision Spot Corrector that's attached to a little pot on the foundation's cap.



I apply the Spot Corrector after my foundation as directed, and its great for concealing those small discolorations that the foundation misses.


Some of you who've been on here before may already know that I have a love affair when it comes to Christian Dior and Lancome cosmetics. Remember in this August 2013 post when I mentioned that Lancome had that G-L-O-R-I-U-S special at Macy's where you spend X amount of money and get free products plus a chic makeup bag? Well apparently its a frequent special and I hit the jackpot in the mall a few weeks ago!











I went strictly to buy Lancome's silicone makeup primer called 'La Base' which is very similar to MAC's 'Matte'. 


The purchasing price was $35, which meant I qualified to receive Lancome's special offer of a makeup bag and 6 sample size products.  There were two choices of bags, the choice of a blush or a lipstick, and sample sizes of their 'Creme Radiance' cream-to-foam-(facial)-cleanser, 'Savon Fraichelle' body wash, 'Definicils' mascara, 'Genefique' youth serum, and 'Bienfait Multi-Vital' night cream.















I also slipped into Sephora sometime during my lunch break a few weeks ago and bought Christian Dior 'Diorskin Forever Compact' in #060 light mocha. O-M-G this powder foundation oxidizes on my skin BEAUTIFULLY! $50 steep, but totally worth it!










Love Always,
(Louie) & Li.Ree









No comments:

Post a Comment