Sunday, July 27, 2014

July 2014 Ipsy Bag Review

Salut!

I just started 'faithfully' posting pictures to my Twitter and was surprised at the feedback I got from my July 2014 Ipsy Bag sneak peak photo...


Honestly I credit Winnie the Pooh and Piglet! Lol

My July Ipsy bag arrived in the mail last weekend, and I decided not to take photos and post an entry right away b/c I actually wanted to test out the products before I created a review.

Sadly one product that I knew I was never going to crack open was the Hang Ten Dark Tanning Oil...


What the heck Ipsy?!?!?! I'm a black girl who walks around with a Chinese parasol all summer long to BLOCK OUT the sun (lol)




I neglected to capture a close up of the Bare Minerals 5 N 1 cream shadow, but I a travel size tube was included in my bag in the color Divine Wine.



The product promises  be a crease free primer and color with 15 SPF protection as an added bonus. I tested the product on my hand and eye and its definitely very smooth, creamy and provided a good sweep of color to use as a base or all day wear. The only reason I haven't utilized it very much, is b/c the color I received is a little too dark for my preferred simple cat-eye look. However, I might consider buying it in a color that's closer to my skin tone.

Out of the last three products its hard to pick a favorite. I absolutely L-O-V-E the Whet nail polish in the color Facetious.



Such a pretty royal blue color tat I hadn't had in my nail polish collection yet.


The Pix! Tinted Brilliance Balm in Unique Pink is fantastic!! I've been a Red Lipstick person for years!! But the lovely natural looking tint that this balm leaves on my lips has had me rocking a natural lip more often on my no-makeup days. 



And last but certainly not least I received a travel size tube of Be Fine food skin care Daily Moisturizer w/SPF 15 with Rosemary, Pomegranate and Rice!



This could not have arrived at a more perfect time! As mentioned in my Lemon Soap Haul post, I've switched to citrus based facial cleansers to cut the additional oil and sweat that builds up on my skin in the heat of the summer time. The Natural Beauty Cleansing Bar is my favorite cleanser this summer, but it does have a tendency to dry out the dry patches of my combination skin :-(. I was using a moisturizer and separate facial SPF for sun protection that was waaay too oily under my foundation.

~I apply my makeup at 7 in the morning and looked like a freakin' oil slick by 10a.m. ~

This moisturizer is Gold!!! It offers oily/sticky free sun protection and my skin absolutely drinks it after cleansing with the Natural Beauty Bar. It has a very light fragrance, doesn't irritate my skin or clog my pores and is the P-E-R-F-E-C-T moisturizer to apply underneath foundation. I DO NOT want to be without this product this summer or even at all for the rest of the year! 

That's it for now mis amoures!!

Au Revoir <3

Love Always,
Li.Ree

No comments:

Post a Comment