Saturday, September 27, 2014

A Life Entry...

...I have some rather bad news about my poor little Lou-Lou. I noticed that he had been favoring one leg more than the other over the last few weeks. I didn't really think much of it until I observed that it was making it considerably more difficult for Louie to climb up and down his cage. I too him to his Dr. (Avian-vet) and unfortunately she predicted that the source of his problem may be a tumor (which unfortunately is common in Lutino or any specially bred budgies).

An x-ray proved her prediction correct.

She suggested to treat him with a medication to to stun the further growth of the tumor (it has a pretty successful track record). But sadly there's nothing 'reasonable' that can be done about the damage it has already done (surgery is too risky for a bird his size and doesn't guarantee success).

Louie is now a one-leg bird.

Louie's health setbacks have reminded me not only of the importance of my health but how much I have been taking it for granted. I don't have the most unhealthy eating/exercise habits on the planet, but I must admit that I can do much better.

For starters I want to get back in the habit of taking vitamins.
So I ordered an old fave of mine from HSN A/K/A the Home Shopping Network; Andrew Lessman's Co-Enzyme Q10 A/K/A CoQ10. Mostly noted for its support to cellular protection/ health.

I'm not saying that I'm going to turn into a 'health nut' or anything, but remember to enjoy life's guilty/unhealthy pleasures in moderation ('treat' yourself to that double-bacon cheese burger). DON'T make a habit out of eating garbage or doing whatever your unhealthy guilty pleasure is.

Like in Louie's case, there's not much that can be done about genetics but, in many instances, leading a healthy lifestyle can greatly reduce the chances of ailments flaring up to a serious degree.

Tah-tah my loves. And please remember to take care of your body...You Only Get One.


Love Always,
Li.Ree

No comments:

Post a Comment