Monday, August 22, 2016

Garnier Skin Active Micellar Cleansing Water vs. Korean Cleansing Story Deep Cleansing Foam

Hello Dahh-lings!

A few years ago when I was going through my Dita (Von Teese) obsession, I recall reading one of her many interviews about her Beauty Routine where she credited Korean Spas as one of her favorite hot spots for a facial. Over the last year or so I've come to hear about Korean spas and skincare routines and products more and more frequently.

I'm no expert on Korean beauty nor skin care but I do know that South Korea is where the concept of Beauty Balm (BB Cream; All-In-One) originated. BB Cream is my absolute favorite 'weekend beauty' secrets because it offers hydration and sun protection to my skin while still providing sheer of coverage of dark spots and circles.

My Lancôme BB Cream is what I reach for whenever I feel like my pores need a break but I still need a little glam boost.

In my most recent excursion through TJMaxx I spotted not one but TWO products that caught my attention while I was browsing through their small skin care aisle.

Korean skin care line's Cleansing Story Deep Cleansing Foam (facial wash) with Grape Seed extract and another Cleansing Story Deep Cleansing Foam (facial wash) with Snail Essential (as in secretion).



*(^#%$$&^$%#$%^@!!!!!
WASH MY FACE WITH WHAT?!?!?!?!
SNAIL WHO?!?!?!?!?


Ok despite quite literally gagging at the thought of lathering my face and washing off my lipstick with snail slime 😑😨😱😷😖 But I did notice the bottle's guarantee to Moisturize the skin while completely removing all makeup! Heavy promise for a facial wash, so I thought, Why not give it a shot??? The only other facial wash that has able to successful remove makeup without the assistance of makep remover/wipes has been my Philosophy Purity Cleanser (which I am currently out of).

Besides for the price I couldn't beat it. A GOOD cleanser with an All-In-One guarantee like that usually runs between $15 - $30, but at TJMaxx the Korean Cleansing Story facial washes were only $3.99 each!!! Which is cheaper than most decent drug store facial cleansers (that don't even clean your face good *side-eye*).

But Does It Really Remove Makeup?!?!?

I put Cleansing Story's claim to the test by comparing its makeup removing power to my Garnier Skinactive Micellar Cleansing Water.

Another product with a guarantee.

The Garnier All-in-1 Water, claims to remove makeup and cleanse the skin without the need for harsh rubbing or even water.

I've been using Garnier's Cleansing Water for about 3 weeks now. I've noticed that the product does contain a generous amount of an oily-like substance which is probably the force behind its makeup dissolving power. While I have on occasion skipped washing my face after using it, my skin doesn't always feel...well...clean. It especially always feels like their are trace amounts of foundation in my pores and mascara on my eyelashes. Most of the time I just use the Micellar Water as a makeup remover, and then proceed to wash my face with my cleanser of choice and spin brush as usual.

The Test
  
I put the same amount of makeup on two sections of my arm.




Elbow to Wrist
  • eye shadow
  • eye shadow
  • eye shadow
  • L'oreal waterproof mascara
  • Beca Cosmetics matte foundation
  • Aveda concealer
  • Manna lip gloss
  • brown lip liner
  • NYX creamy red lipstick
First up Garnier Micellar Water.
I squirted a teaspoon amount onto a microfiber facial cloth and swatched it down my arm wrist to elbow.





Although it removed majority of the makeup I was most disappointed in the fact that it dissolved very little of my foundation.



The waterproof eyeliner I knew was going to put up a challenge, but the most important thing to me is making sure my foundation is removed! Lest its just getting caked up in my pores, enlarging them and exposing them to clogging and blackhead causing bacteria.

I did this same test with a similar Lancôme product two years ago and everything literally dissolved in one swatch.

Boo, Garnier. Boo!
Next up Korea's Cleansing Story Snail Essential Deep Cleansing Foam with makeup removing guarantee.



Same procedure, I discharged a pea-sized amount onto a microfiber cloth and swiped it down my arm, wrist to elbow.




To be fair this is a Face WASH, so I wasn't really expecting the product to do much without being activated by water. But to my pleasant surprise the product did successfully remove some of my makeup without being lathered.

ActivationI damped the microfiber cloth with a little water and then swatch again in the same motion.




Then a second time to wipe away the excess lather.





As Promised Cleansing Story Snail Essential Deep Cleansing Foam does dissolve Makeup!!!
(even my stubborn Matte liquid foundation)



The only thing that remains tough for both products to remove without effort is the waterproof mascara, but overall I am thoroughly satisfied with this cleanser. And it only cost $3.99!

I'm so satisfied with this product, that I'll be doing a Full Cleansing story review in a later post.

Ciao for now Darlings!

Love Always,
Li.Ree











1 comment: